Username:

Password:

Remember me

• Find Us On Facebook

Named Strings

Have a question about how to do something in the datafiles? Ask it here, we'll help if we can. NOTE: We cannot teach you how to use ABCREATE or how our files work, we don't have the time.

Named Strings

#1  Postby warmonger » Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:49 am

So... does anyone know how to reference named strings in AB?  I don't remember seeing how they're used anywhere, and I can't see anything in the document on how to use them after you create them.
Black Templars, Dark Mechanicus, Iron Warriors, Necrons, Salamanders, Space Wolves, Tau, Thousand Sons, Tyranids
warmonger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Named Strings

#2  Postby Homer_S » Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:22 pm

<cite>warmonger wrote:</cite>So... does anyone know how to reference named strings in AB?  I don't remember seeing how they're used anywhere, and I can't see anything in the document on how to use them after you create them.

IIRC,

Define as: "blah"

Refer to as: "{macro blah}"

FYI... it is used in two rules in Aeldari: Battle Focus and Ancient Doom.

Homer
The only "hobby" GW is interested in is lining their pockets with your money.
Homer_S
Site Admin
Site Admin

#3  Postby warmonger » Tue Mar 27, 2018 10:16 pm

Not quite what I was talking about.  I'm trying to figure out how the String tabs are used.  Supposedly, that's where you set descriptions for multiple languages and such for international support, but I had other thoughts on that obviously.

I have an email in to Lone Wolf Tech Support, so we'll see what they come back with.
Black Templars, Dark Mechanicus, Iron Warriors, Necrons, Salamanders, Space Wolves, Tau, Thousand Sons, Tyranids
warmonger
Site Admin
Site Admin

#4  Postby warmonger » Wed Mar 28, 2018 12:49 am

Got a reply from Colen.  Doesn't think it's possible, so I am going the macro route.
warmonger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Datafile Programming Support