Username:

Password:

Remember me

• Find Us On Facebook

Patreon for ab40k mantainers?

Have a question on how to do something, why something is done the way it is or an idea to make the files or site better? Ask it here.

Patreon for ab40k mantainers?

#1  Postby 9595xxlx » Sat Sep 16, 2017 5:33 pm

I know you guys had some losses on your team,and this site give us gamers a big help, now more than ever that the hype for 40k has been reignited.

Would it be interesting for you to have a Patreon Account? maybe that could give you guys some money to hire people to do some heavy lifting (It's not easy to have volunteers)

This way, even if it's 1 dolar a month, I'm pretty sure the comunity will be glad of having faster results.

my 2 cents

(account is new, but that's because I forgot my older one ^_^)
9595xxlx
Recruit
Recruit

Re: Patreon for ab40k mantainers?

#2  Postby harkan » Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:18 pm

Hi there - thanks for getting in touch and for the suggestion however for us to continue to remain functioning we cannot receive any form of reward for the work that is done as otherwise we are then making money from someone else's product

Cheers
harkan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Patreon for ab40k mantainers?

#3  Postby 9595xxlx » Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:04 am

Well, If you look at Patreon and search for warhammer, you will find creators that are doing that without porblem, Examples:

https://www.patreon.com/user?u=3863342
This creator does videos about the lore of warhammer 40k... you can't get much more personal than that...

https://www.patreon.com/user?u=2594653
Does painting tutorials

There are may others with podcasts.

I'll make an other example, a japanese or chinese game comes out, there are creators that do translating of games, they tranlate and you support them so that they continue on further games.

I know GWS has specific legal bounds, which I'm no expert at, but you see, there are many creators that takes this not as a "payment", but as a "support".

I know it might be bending rules, but It would be a shame to not have this very nice tool for the new 8th edition.
9595xxlx
Recruit
Recruit

Return to Questions, Comments and Suggestions