Username:

Password:

Remember me

• Find Us On Facebook

Feature Request

Have a question on how to do something, why something is done the way it is or an idea to make the files or site better? Ask it here.

Feature Request

#1  Postby andrewm9 » Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:29 pm

When using Space Marines as allies in Apocalypse is it possible to allow us to choose the Chapter we want to get from the datafiles? In other words is it possible to get units from Blood Angels, Space Wolves, etc?
andrewm9
Conscript
Conscript

Re: Feature Request

#2  Postby Spack » Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:38 pm

I think is going to be impossible given the way in which AB itself works, but I've not delved enough into the internals to tell. It would probably require splitting all the different chapters out as individual races as the allies selection is based on race tags, where I think the differing Marine chapters are defined via tags within the "Space Marines" race.

However, I did notice something while looking at how it works right now - the Allies handling appears to be broken for Apocalypse, for instance if I take a non-Marine army and attempt to add Space Marine Apoc allies the only units appearing are the ones for use as Ordo allies and the Apoc formations ... I'll post this as a bug report.
Dan
AB40k Site Admin/Beta Tester
Age of Strife Owner/Admin: http://www.ageofstrife.com
Gaming Figures Partner/Admin: http://www.gamingfigures.com
Spack
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Feature Request

#3  Postby andrewm9 » Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:35 pm

Instead of making them seperate lists would it be possible to make it a rule on which list to select from. Would that make it easier to do instead of retooling space marines as 5 seperate lists?
andrewm9
Conscript
Conscript

Return to Questions, Comments and Suggestions