Username:

Password:

Remember me

• Find Us On Facebook

Adding new vehicle? - Caestus Assault Ram

Have a question on how to do something, why something is done the way it is or an idea to make the files or site better? Ask it here.

Adding new vehicle? - Caestus Assault Ram

#1  Postby KJQ » Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:42 am

Total newbie here to this site but a search didn't find anything. I have AB licenses and play 40K Space Marines with my sons. We have bought the Caestus Assault Ram from Forgeworld and our local GW lets us play this model in regular games. We want to have this as a vehicle in our AB lists, but gave up trying to figure out how to code this ourselves. For now we 'cheat' by using Vanguard Veterans to get the same FOC and point count. Has anyone created the code for this model? If not, can anyone do this or tell me how to do this without becoming a computer programmer?

Thanks.
KJQ
Recruit
Recruit

Re: Adding new vehicle? - Caestus Assault Ram

#2  Postby Homer_S » Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:25 pm

This is an experimental rule from the Forgeworld website. Now that I know it is out there, I'll add it. Look for it certainly when the next major build is out, but I should manage to sneak it in with the Krieg and Elysian update which is currently undergoing beta review. Might also be one for Shaggai to do, or as I like to call him: Keeper of the Powered Armour.

Homer
The only "hobby" GW is interested in is lining their pockets with your money.
Homer_S
Site Admin
Site Admin

#3  Postby Spack » Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:53 am

In the meantime you could use the Generic Unit (you need to turn this on in the roster settings) to act as a placeholder for it rather than using a Vanguard Unit.
Dan
AB40k Site Admin/Beta Tester
Age of Strife Owner/Admin: http://www.ageofstrife.com
Gaming Figures Partner/Admin: http://www.gamingfigures.com
Spack
Site Admin
Site Admin

#4  Postby shaggai » Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:06 am

It should already be in the Space Marines file - and make sure that you have Imperial Armour ruleset checked. (PS. It's in Fast Attack and only certain SM chapters have access to it.)
Age of Cash-mar - alienate you fan base and find a new way to squeeze money out of those poor souls!
shaggai
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Questions, Comments and Suggestions