Username:

Password:

Remember me

• Find Us On Facebook

Anyone know why...

Have a question on how to do something, why something is done the way it is or an idea to make the files or site better? Ask it here.

Anyone know why...

#1  Postby Homer_S » Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:01 am

this datasheet is no longer listed on the GW datasheets page?

Homer
The only "hobby" GW is interested in is lining their pockets with your money.
Homer_S
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Anyone know why...

#2  Postby shaggai » Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:25 am

Not quite sure - does something with the curren codex conflict such as the full strength Grotesques or the choice of Haemonculi or even Wyche combat drugs compare to the way it used to be with the 3E codex? Would probably be the first time someone at GW noticed this - maybe they could work on the Tyranids next...
Age of Cash-mar - alienate you fan base and find a new way to squeeze money out of those poor souls!
shaggai
Site Admin
Site Admin

#3  Postby Mr_Rose » Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:26 am

Probably something to do with the original formation using the old grotesques (which were, broadly, equivalent to modern Wracks) and therefore 75pts to potentially give the new ones +2A possibly seeming a bit cheap.
I can't really see any other way in which it could be "wrong" - Grotesques still exist, combat drugs still exist, Rakarth and haemonculi do too...as Apocalypse formations go it's survived the transition between codices quite well.
Hopefully it means they're going to re-release the formation when the Wracks get done in plastic in a couple of months.
Mr_Rose
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

#4  Postby Homer_S » Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:42 am

i think they just forgot to put it in the lineup when they added the 3 new Space Marines ones. Seeing as the file is still up, just not linked.

Homer
Homer_S
Site Admin
Site Admin

#5  Postby Mr_Rose » Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:10 pm

Talking of Apocalypse sheets; there are four new ones for BA players in the February White Dwarf (to go with the furioso and storm raven kits I guess) and I was wondering which date would be qualified as the "official release" for WD updates
Mr_Rose
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

#6  Postby Homer_S » Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:15 pm

According to the GW website: February's issue of White Dwarf goes on sale on Saturday 29th of January. I think that is the release date. I should be getting a jingle about my sub in a day or two, if not today. I go in and pick it up, just to touch base with the hobby center on a monthly basis, and hit up any pre-orders I should need.

Homer
Homer_S
Site Admin
Site Admin

#7  Postby shaggai » Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:00 pm

Mr_Rose wrote:Talking of Apocalypse sheets; there are four new ones for BA players in the February White Dwarf (to go with the furioso and storm raven kits I guess) and I was wondering which date would be qualified as the "official release" for WD updates

Thanks for the heads up - I just picked up the latest issue of propaganda for the formations.

Also going to see if I can make a post to Warseer and maybe others regarding How much is that army you're trying to sell me. Just was going to go though all the units given in an WD army list and just total up their cost (in dollars, euros of course BP) and post it. Just thought it would be an interesting exercise in public service. Might as well get something for the 7.20 I paid for the issue, also may try to do the same thing for fantasy as well...
Age of Cash-mar - alienate you fan base and find a new way to squeeze money out of those poor souls!
shaggai
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Questions, Comments and Suggestions