Username:

Password:

Remember me

• Find Us On Facebook

Timing of Codex: Iyanden Update

Have a question on how to do something, why something is done the way it is or an idea to make the files or site better? Ask it here.

Timing of Codex: Iyanden Update

#1  Postby Arschbombe » Sat Jun 22, 2013 2:39 pm

I was wondering how you were planning on handling the Codex:Iyanden update in terms of timing. Will you release the update at the same time as the update for Codex:Eldar or will you delay it like you would for a stand alone release? If you do delay will it be from the digital release or print release date?
Arschbombe
Recruit
Recruit

Re: Timing of Codex: Iyanden Update

#2  Postby jlong05 » Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:39 pm

Arschbombe wrote:I was wondering how you were planning on handling the Codex:Iyanden update in terms of timing. Will you release the update at the same time as the update for Codex:Eldar or will you delay it like you would for a stand alone release? If you do delay will it be from the digital release or print release date?

If its included, release would not be with Eldar, and would be no sooner than 30 days after the last release date which made it available to all parties. Not sure which was last release date though.
The only "hobby" GW is interested in is lining their pockets with your money.
jlong05
Maintainer
Maintainer

#3  Postby fatslann » Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:05 pm

Any chance of an time scale when this update will happen please.Its well past the 30 day period. Been waiting for so long :lol:
fatslann
Recruit
Recruit

#4  Postby Arschbombe » Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:05 am

I was a little disappointed that Iyanden wasn't in today's release.

With the tiny amount of rules involved I was expecting it to appear sooner. Is there some issue with how to handle the supplements in general?
Arschbombe
Recruit
Recruit

#5  Postby jlong05 » Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:40 am

Arschbombe wrote:I was a little disappointed that Iyanden wasn't in today's release.

With the tiny amount of rules involved I was expecting it to appear sooner. Is there some issue with how to handle the supplements in general?

Beyond being a volunteer effort tat we do on our own time when it's available? No, no issue at all.

Remember that the files are released 'when they are done', not sooner and never earlier that 30 days from publish date.
jlong05
Maintainer
Maintainer

#6  Postby Homer_S » Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:01 pm

Arschbombe wrote:I was a little disappointed that Iyanden wasn't in today's release.

There are two issues for me:

1) Allies: there are no rules at all in this supplement. So, are they a new race or are they Eldar? There are no rules that I can find. I'm going to assume they are Eldar so no Eldar allied with Iyanden.

2) Life: my day job and family are not giving me big blocks of time to devote to gaming let alone AB. I'm bug fixing and I'll try to start on Iyanden since I like to prioritize main GW armies over Forgeworld.

BTW To know when it is coming, keep your eyes on this bug report: http://www.ab40k.org/tracker.php?p=27&t=2934. When it changes status to Fix in Progress, that means I have committed the changes to the internal repository for the next release.

Homer
Homer_S
Site Admin
Site Admin

#7  Postby Arschbombe » Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:41 am

I know it's an all-volunteer project and I am very appreciative of your efforts. I understand the 30-day delay and the reasons for it. I also understand the files are released when you are ready to release them and some times that means later rather than sooner.

With Iyanden, I had thought they would be out right at the 30 day mark because there's very little to change. So when Iyanden didn't appear in the latest update I suspected there has to be something more going on. Hence my question.
Arschbombe
Recruit
Recruit

#8  Postby wing » Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:14 am

I think there are certain aspects of Iyanden that get tricky, for example the fact that you are not allowed to use more than one supplement when building an army. This may be a system-wide problem later on, as more supplements for the same codex.
wing
Recruit
Recruit

Return to Questions, Comments and Suggestions