Username:

Password:

Remember me

• Find Us On Facebook

3rd Edition and 4th edition

Have a question on how to do something, why something is done the way it is or an idea to make the files or site better? Ask it here.

3rd Edition and 4th edition

#1  Postby warriorpriest » Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:04 pm

If this has been asked before i am sorry. I am not that great at search engines.

I mainly play the newer rulesets but will ofter use older army lists from 3rd and 4th edition that are no longer valid lists such are the kroot merc forces and citadel genestealer cults. Now for some reason when I load 4th edition on AB I get all these error messages and it no longer loads. I tried downloading it again. I cannot seem to get it to load. I also cannot seem to find an updates 3rd edition roster to work with AB3.0. Anyone have any ideas?? Any way to have an older version of AB at the same time as a new version?? any know fix for the 4th edition files??

Thank you so for your time,
WP
warriorpriest
Recruit
Recruit

Re: 3rd Edition and 4th edition

#2  Postby Homer_S » Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:25 pm

Defunct army lists have been stripped out. You would have to program it yourself or find an archive of an older release. Files are no longer offered through this site, only via the autoupdate.

Homer
The only "hobby" GW is interested in is lining their pockets with your money.
Homer_S
Site Admin
Site Admin

#3  Postby warriorpriest » Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:42 pm

Homer_S wrote:Defunct army lists have been stripped out. You would have to program it yourself or find an archive of an older release. Files are no longer offered through this site, only via the autoupdate.

Homer

Thank you. Any ideas from anyone that may know where I can find such files??

If not i may have to stick to pen and paper for those lists.

Thank you
warriorpriest
Recruit
Recruit

#4  Postby shaggai » Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:58 am

I think there is going to be another problem in that the older versions of the files, such as those for 4th and 5th edition, no longer play nice with the current iteration of Army Builder (i.e., they won't load and the amount of work to get them to load may require so much programming that it is no longer feasible for "outdated" materials). You don't necessarily need an ancient copy such as 2.x but you would need either a 3.0 or 3.1 version. I don't know if LW makes such old copies available...

In the meanwhile, I will attempt to collate what I can to make older AB40K general releases (such as the last 4th and 5th editions) available for update.
Age of Cash-mar - alienate you fan base and find a new way to squeeze money out of those poor souls!
shaggai
Site Admin
Site Admin

#5  Postby warriorpriest » Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:18 pm

shaggai wrote:I think there is going to be another problem in that the older versions of the files, such as those for 4th and 5th edition, no longer play nice with the current iteration of Army Builder (i.e., they won't load and the amount of work to get them to load may require so much programming that it is no longer feasible for "outdated" materials). You don't necessarily need an ancient copy such as 2.x but you would need either a 3.0 or 3.1 version. I don't know if LW makes such old copies available...

In the meanwhile, I will attempt to collate what I can to make older AB40K general releases (such as the last 4th and 5th editions) available for update.

Wonderful thank you so much. Please keep me updated. Now does AB allow you to use both 2.0 and 3.0 at the same time?? I know there are files for 3rd edition in 2.0.

Thank you again. guys for all the answers and help.
warriorpriest
Recruit
Recruit

#6  Postby Homer_S » Tue Jul 30, 2013 6:29 pm

warriorpriest wrote:
I think there is going to be another problem in that the older versions of the files, such as those for 4th and 5th edition, no longer play nice with the current iteration of Army Builder (i.e., they won't load and the amount of work to get them to load may require so much programming that it is no longer feasible for "outdated" materials). You don't necessarily need an ancient copy such as 2.x but you would need either a 3.0 or 3.1 version. I don't know if LW makes such old copies available...

Wonderful thank you so much. Please keep me updated. Now does AB allow you to use both 2.0 and 3.0 at the same time?? I know there are files for 3rd edition in 2.0.

Thank you again. guys for all the answers and help.

2.x and 3.x will co-exist if you install them in different directories. Note that 2.x is old enough to not play nice with AUC, so don't put it in Program Files* or it will likely puke.

Homer
The only "hobby" GW is interested in is lining their pockets with your money.
Homer_S
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Questions, Comments and Suggestions