Username:

Password:

Remember me

• Find Us On Facebook

GW Rules Mess Ups

Have a question on how to do something, why something is done the way it is or an idea to make the files or site better? Ask it here.

GW Rules Mess Ups

#1  Postby Homer_S » Thu Sep 11, 2014 3:08 pm

Do the people at Forgeworld even talk to each other??? I'm tooling through Tyranids trying to revise the rules. I'm thinking, nice job everything is matching. Until I get to Malanthropes. They are way different between the Imperial Armour Apocalypse (2013) and Imperial Armour 4 Second Edition. Which is correct or do I just make a selector again? Specifically,

Code: Select all
Rules:     IAA2013, pg. 131    IA4se, pg. 83?
FOC:       HQ                  Elites
Unit Type: Monstrous Creature  Infantry
Wargear:   Toxin Sacs (4+)     Poisoned (2+)   
                               Grasping Tail
                               Bonded Exoskeleton
Special                        Very Bulky
Rules:                         Shrouded
                               Shadow in the Warp
                               Spore Cloud

Homer
The only "hobby" GW is interested in is lining their pockets with your money.
Homer_S
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: GW Rules Mess Ups

#2  Postby shaggai » Thu Sep 11, 2014 3:18 pm

That's GWs problem in a nutshell and it just makes the design part of the company look bad when their designers can't even open an older book to check to see what came before.

Ideally a selector should be used since it is something that we can do. The one thing that I don't like about that however is that someone will want us to continue to support IA4 (first printing) vs. IA4 (2nd edition). In lieu of that, we have generally done last unit printed is supported in AB...
Age of Cash-mar - alienate you fan base and find a new way to squeeze money out of those poor souls!
shaggai
Site Admin
Site Admin

#3  Postby Homer_S » Thu Sep 11, 2014 4:20 pm

shaggai wrote:That's GWs problem in a nutshell and it just makes the design part of the company look bad when their designers can't even open an older book to check to see what came before.

Ideally a selector should be used since it is something that we can do. The one thing that I don't like about that however is that someone will want us to continue to support IA4 (first printing) vs. IA4 (2nd edition). In lieu of that, we have generally done last unit printed is supported in AB...

I have taken the only most recent version approach with other units, what earlier version? Double-plus-good!

Homer
Homer_S
Site Admin
Site Admin

#4  Postby Engrimm » Thu Sep 11, 2014 4:28 pm

I'd say use the latest rules, they're the most up to date rules so should use those. Otherwise it would be like giving people the option to use a unit or character from an older codex when a new one is out. Same thing applies to FW books, it's hard to keep up at the rate they're changing rules nowadays though lol.
Engrimm
Conscript
Conscript

#5  Postby Homer_S » Thu Sep 11, 2014 6:29 pm

Engrimm wrote:I'd say use the latest rules, they're the most up to date rules so should use those. Otherwise it would be like giving people the option to use a unit or character from an older codex when a new one is out. Same thing applies to FW books, it's hard to keep up at the rate they're changing rules nowadays though lol.

Problem is the IAA2013 rules make way more sense to me. The IA4se rules seem almost too good for a discounted price. I'm hoping FW will update them.

Homer
Homer_S
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Questions, Comments and Suggestions