Username:

Password:

Remember me

• Find Us On Facebook

Harlequins???

Have a question on how to do something, why something is done the way it is or an idea to make the files or site better? Ask it here.

Harlequins???

#1  Postby Homer_S » Thu Feb 05, 2015 4:04 am

OK,

Are there more rules coming? With only the Troupe (Troops) and the Solitaire (Elite) there is no way to make a legal Allied Detachment! The Troupe lists a Transport vehicle, the Starweaver, that doesn't exist. Also, where are the Enigmas of the Black Library? Finally(?), do they replace the two distinct versions in the Eldar and Dark Eldar books?

Homer

P.S. I guess so if you believe the Interwebs: http://eldradhallett.blogspot.com/2015/ ... ature.html
The only "hobby" GW is interested in is lining their pockets with your money.
Homer_S
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Harlequins???

#2  Postby shaggai » Sun Feb 08, 2015 1:09 am

I talked to LGS, only thing they seem to say was that they had no idea - they assume that a supplement was coming (harlequins only and not a larger combined eldar codex with harlequins added).

Scarier thing I found out is the belief that 40K is "done" in that it's considered that the hardbacked codices are "7th edition" - even though a great percentage come from 6E. Again, this is (hopefully) the view of a lone LGS manager...
Age of Cash-mar - alienate you fan base and find a new way to squeeze money out of those poor souls!
shaggai
Site Admin
Site Admin

#3  Postby bora77 » Sat Feb 21, 2015 10:55 am

FYI - Harlequin codex (not Supplement!) is out.

Time to add a new faction dudes ;-)
bora77
Recruit
Recruit

#4  Postby Spack » Sat Feb 21, 2015 2:56 pm

Faction added to the tracker. Note that the earliest the Harlies will be in the 40k files is 30 days after codex release date, and could be longer, so don't expect them soon.
Dan
AB40k Site Admin/Beta Tester
Age of Strife Owner/Admin: http://www.ageofstrife.com
Gaming Figures Partner/Admin: http://www.gamingfigures.com
Spack
Site Admin
Site Admin

#5  Postby bora77 » Sun Feb 22, 2015 9:31 am

Is there something I can do personally to help speed this up?

I can provide data from the Codex maybe or even help with the data stuff (never looked into this before however...).

Let me know!
bora77
Recruit
Recruit

#6  Postby Spack » Sun Feb 22, 2015 10:07 am

All new codex and supplement releases are subject to a minimum 30 day embargo. This is stated  the site home page and in the stickied posts in the forums. There is nothing that you can do to change this, just be patient.
Dan
AB40k Site Admin/Beta Tester
Age of Strife Owner/Admin: http://www.ageofstrife.com
Gaming Figures Partner/Admin: http://www.gamingfigures.com
Spack
Site Admin
Site Admin

Harlequins Rules Questions

#7  Postby Homer_S » Tue Feb 24, 2015 2:27 pm

OK,

If I take allied Harlequins, do I have to take a full Masque Detachment or only Formations? Harlequins are unable to fill an Allied Detachment with no HQ units.

Homer
Homer_S
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Harlequins Rules Questions

#8  Postby shaggai » Wed Feb 25, 2015 12:36 am

Homer_S wrote:OK,

If I take allied Harlequins, do I have to take a full Masque Detachment or only Formations? Harlequins are unable to fill an Allied Detachment with no HQ units.

Homer

I take it that their main detachement isn't anything like the Legion of the Damned or Inquisition which compenasates for the lack of certain units by lumping all of their stuff into Elite (for example).

Otherwise it would have to be no to an allied detachment as paragraph two on page 12 under Force Organization and Slots - "Black boxes are compulsory selections - you must take at least this many units of the appropriate Battlefield Role to include this detachment in your army. If you cannot include the compulsory number of units, you cannot include that Detachment." So no HQ - no Allied detachment...
Age of Cash-mar - alienate you fan base and find a new way to squeeze money out of those poor souls!
shaggai
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Harlequins Rules Questions

#9  Postby Homer_S » Wed Feb 25, 2015 12:57 am

shaggai wrote:
OK,

Homer

I take it that their main detachement isn't anything like the Legion of the Damned or Inquisition which compenasates for the lack of certain units by lumping all of their stuff into Elite (for example).

Otherwise it would have to be no to an allied detachment as paragraph two on page 12 under Force Organization and Slots - "Black boxes are compulsory selections - you must take at least this many units of the appropriate Battlefield Role to include this detachment in your army. If you cannot include the compulsory number of units, you cannot include that Detachment." So no HQ - no Allied detachment...

Their detachment, the Masque Detachment, is 3 Troupes, 2 Fast Attack and 1 Heavy with 0-7 Elites. I suppose you could take that as "Allied" but it is a lot of points. Alternately, you can take any of the Formations as allies, with one exception they are modest sized.

Homer
Homer_S
Site Admin
Site Admin

#10  Postby Tdub415 » Tue Mar 10, 2015 7:02 pm

Unfortunately, since there is no HQ choice in the harlequin codex, you cannot take them as a Combined Arms Detachment or as an Allied Detachment. The only ways to play them are to use a Masque Detachment, any of the formations in the codex (as they are detachments in their own right), or to play unbound. Most of the formations make for fairly low cost detachments.
Tdub415
Recruit
Recruit

#11  Postby Creon » Tue Mar 17, 2015 2:11 am

Yes, There is no allied detachment. but the same effect can be gotten from a Cast of players (troop, 2 elites, one of which is a HQ-Quality psyker) and Foulchu's blade (2 FA and a HS) 1 hqish, 1 elite, 1 troop, 2 FA, and 1 heavy. Pretty darn close to a standard ally, without actually taking up the ally slot.
Creon
Recruit
Recruit

Return to Questions, Comments and Suggestions