Username:

Password:

Remember me

• Find Us On Facebook

6th Ed C:SM Dreadnoughts code

Have a question about how to do something in the datafiles? Ask it here, we'll help if we can. NOTE: We cannot teach you how to use ABCREATE or how our files work, we don't have the time.

6th Ed C:SM Dreadnoughts code

#1  Postby dusktiger » Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:52 am

hey guys,
so i've been writing my own code for the 6th Ed codex Space Marines, and i thought of a easy way to cut down on the amount of Code you'd have to type for the basic and Venerable dreadnoughts.

Instead of making 2 separate entries in the list to choose from, i made a single Dreadnought entry and did the following:
1)in the links area, i made a new line with "da6_VetSgt", primary 405, cost 25, link name "Upgrade to Venerable"
2)in the postlink area, i put the following lines of code:
~ Adjusting stats if Venerable
if (tagis[da_Tags.da6_VetSgt] > 0) then
basestat[WS] = basestat[WS] + 1
basestat[BS] = basestat[BS] + 1
entity.name ="Venerable Dreadnought"
endif

now you can just pick a dreadnought, put your weapons of choice onto it, and if you find you have the 25pts to spare to make it venerable, you dont have to remove the one and recreate him by selecting the second instance in the army list.

i havent figured out the line of code i need to add into the Venerable USR to only show it when the model's upgraded yet, but i figured this trick was worth sharing.
dusktiger
Recruit
Recruit

Return to Datafile Programming Support