Username:

Password:

Remember me

• Find Us On Facebook

Building the Baneblade

Space to post pictures of your latest modelling and painting projects

Building the Baneblade

#1  Postby harkan » Sat Sep 08, 2007 8:18 pm

Got to build one today ... few thoughts below ....

first off it is a very very nice model and it goes together so well too - none of the usual gaps etc and all gun barrels apart from the stubber are open, so no drilling etc!!

tracks are a shite to do as the instructions arent overly clear, you have to start with a single link at back and then work forwards but once you got the hang of it it is fairly easy ... if you remember the tracks face up at the front and down at the back you are sorted

everything is a left and right side but this is not highlighted or raised in the instructions so be careful and usual amount of dry fitting

when building the side sponsons the instructions are poor again, there is a central 'arm' that can go in two ways and the HB fit on four ways!! The pic in the instructions shows it front on which is next to useless ... basically the flat edge faces towards the curved gun shield and the bit where the HB attach is at the bottom - may seem like mud but when you see one it will become clear!!

there are two feeder pipes from the external fuel drums to the vehicle, again from the instructions it looks like they are interchangeable - they arent!! the bottoms are chamfered so check which one is which

the little lasgun fits on the back of the turret for the command variant

apart from those few niggles it goes together well, sits nicely and is a brilliant kit, once assembled it looks good and is a beast!
harkan
Site Admin
Site Admin

#2  Postby Col_Stone » Sat Sep 08, 2007 10:31 pm

well it sounds better than the resin one atleast ;)
Any idea how it sizes up against the FW one?
Son of the trinity of Corruption
Col_Stone
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

#3  Postby harkan » Sun Sep 09, 2007 3:51 pm

its about the same on first appearance, the turret looks taller and the vehicle on the whole a bit wider but apart from that is about same
harkan
Site Admin
Site Admin

#4  Postby jlong05 » Sun Sep 09, 2007 11:44 pm

so.. did you take any pictures during the build? Would love to see some photos for reference.
The only "hobby" GW is interested in is lining their pockets with your money.
jlong05
Maintainer
Maintainer

#5  Postby harkan » Mon Sep 10, 2007 10:21 pm

damn, never thought of that lol, will try get some this week-end
harkan
Site Admin
Site Admin

#6  Postby Chunky_Baby » Wed Oct 03, 2007 10:14 pm

can't wait to buy one and build it :)

Not sure as I'll bother with the little lasgun even for the command option - the chances of me winning a game with it are slim at best :lol:
Kill!! Maim!!! Burn!!!!
Kharn the Betrayer

World Eaters: <B> ONCE</B> the embodiment of slaughter...now nerfed - thanks GW...
Chunky_Baby
Dire Avenger
Dire Avenger

#7  Postby Rayne » Sun Oct 14, 2007 12:00 am

I just bought me the new Plastic BaneBlade, and im assembling it now. :) I AM taking pictures as i build, except i was a little too happy and i forgot to take pictures of it until i had already assembled both track sections...

Anyways, its 7 sprues, and im also taking pictures of it with a measuring tape in there so you can see how big it is! Its HUGE! The track sections are almost 2 inches wide, each! And its 9 inches long!

Im loving every minute of this build, and Harkan is right, the instructions isnt as clear as it should be, i had to tear the fuel tanks off and swap sides on them because i found out about the fuel pipes. :P

Anyways, I'll keep you all updated. :)

PS: Please move this to Building and Painting please. :) It fits better there. :)
Rayne
Sergeant
Sergeant

#8  Postby Lemmings » Sun Oct 14, 2007 2:02 am

I purchased mine as well, but I am trying to figure out if it is compatible with the forgeworld krieg banblade accessories.
Lemmings
Cultist
Cultist

Return to Modelling & Painting