Username:

Password:

Remember me

• Find Us On Facebook

Space Marine Special Characters?

Have a question on how to do something, why something is done the way it is or an idea to make the files or site better? Ask it here.

Space Marine Special Characters?

#1  Postby fist » Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:12 pm

I think I am completely missing something, but.... How come I can't add the Space Marine Special characters? Do I have to change the roster settings?

Thanks.

Fist
fist
Recruit
Recruit

#2  Postby Spack » Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:43 pm

Yes. Go to roster options and tick the Special Characters option.
Dan
AB40k Site Admin/Beta Tester
Age of Strife Owner/Admin: http://www.ageofstrife.com
Gaming Figures Partner/Admin: http://www.gamingfigures.com
Spack
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Space Marine Special Characters?

#3  Postby JMichael » Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:26 pm

Thanks, I was wondering about this as well. I usually play Eldar, and their special characters show up w/o needing to check 'Special Characters'.
On a note, the SM characters also show up with Apocalypse selected.
JMichael
Maintainer
Maintainer

Re: Space Marine Special Characters?

#4  Postby shaggai » Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:48 pm

JMichael wrote:Thanks, I was wondering about this as well. I usually play Eldar, and their special characters show up w/o needing to check 'Special Characters'.
On a note, the SM characters also show up with Apocalypse selected.

This is sort of a Legacy concept when Special Characters were considered to be so unbalancing or otherwise over the top that many tourneys would demand no special characters, as well as the rules themselves syaing that special characters required opponanet's consent. As 4E was leaning away from this as well a 5E, it was up to the specific maintainer to keep "named" characters as Special Characters. So we will soon go after the Eldar maintainer :twisted:

They should always show up as special characters are expected to be fielded when Apocalypse games are in play (see textbox on pg. 19 of Apocalypse book).
Age of Cash-mar - alienate you fan base and find a new way to squeeze money out of those poor souls!
shaggai
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Questions, Comments and Suggestions