Username:

Password:

Remember me

• Find Us On Facebook

Dark Eldar New Codex

Have a question on how to do something, why something is done the way it is or an idea to make the files or site better? Ask it here.

Re: Dark Eldar New Codex

#16  Postby vwalsh » Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:11 pm

While I wait hopefully for the newest updates with the Dark Eldar I have to say you guys have really done a great job to date with all of the updates and they really have made my time with 40K and Army Builder fare more enjoyable.

thanks in advance for all the effort.
vwalsh
Recruit
Recruit

#17  Postby bedlam » Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:37 pm

As per games workshop Tech support Reaver champions aka Arena Champions count as 'reavers' for upgrades. This was directly in response to my email to them about reavers and cluster caltrops if any of the mods would like the email I am glad to forward it to them. I know people were arguing that the arena champion didnt count but straight from the bosses the arena champion does count towards the total number of reavers in the unit for the purpose of upgrades.
bedlam
Recruit
Recruit

#18  Postby Mr_Rose » Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:14 am

bedlam wrote:As per games workshop Tech support Reaver champions aka Arena Champions count as 'reavers' for upgrades. This was directly in response to my email to them about reavers and cluster caltrops if any of the mods would like the email I am glad to forward it to them. I know people were arguing that the arena champion didnt count but straight from the bosses the arena champion does count towards the total number of reavers in the unit for the purpose of upgrades.

Tech support != bosses. And it wouldn't the first time random e-mails to "rules gurus" at GW have directly contradicted the content of codices. After all, for the longest while the main rulebook FAQ specifically said that IG Command Squads were worth two KPs, even after the codex changed this.
Mr_Rose
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

#19  Postby Homer_S » Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:10 am

bedlam wrote:As per games workshop Tech support Reaver champions aka Arena Champions count as 'reavers' for upgrades. This was directly in response to my email to them about reavers and cluster caltrops if any of the mods would like the email I am glad to forward it to them. I know people were arguing that the arena champion didnt count but straight from the bosses the arena champion does count towards the total number of reavers in the unit for the purpose of upgrades.

When this gets printed in an FAQ or better yet an errata, it will get into the files. Until then... I'll just stick to the words in the codex.

Homer
The only "hobby" GW is interested in is lining their pockets with your money.
Homer_S
Site Admin
Site Admin

#20  Postby Marnix » Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:00 pm

When can we expect the update? The month is passed so we are allowed to ask right?
Marnix
Recruit
Recruit

#21  Postby Spack » Tue Dec 07, 2010 2:24 pm

Go look in the Downloads > Current Release section here: filebase.php?d=1&id=36&c_old=4&what=c&page=1

And no, you're not allowed to ask :P
Dan
AB40k Site Admin/Beta Tester
Age of Strife Owner/Admin: http://www.ageofstrife.com
Gaming Figures Partner/Admin: http://www.gamingfigures.com
Spack
Site Admin
Site Admin

#22  Postby Marnix » Tue Dec 07, 2010 2:32 pm

Ah great! You rock!
Marnix
Recruit
Recruit

#23  Postby Mr_Rose » Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:48 pm

Is this the right place for suggestions?
Because I think the way Beastmasters are currently being handled is a bit confusing, having separate lines for each beast type but no way to determine which type goes with which master.

Yes, there is no real mechanical difference of course, but I think it would make life a lot easier for list-builders and especially TOs if each beastmaster had a separate line with their beasts added underneath. That way you can easily see that you have enough beasts for each master and not too many either.
Mr_Rose
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

#24  Postby Homer_S » Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:58 pm

There is excessive logic in there. I *defy* you to make an illegal unit. Since it is all one big unit, why would you need to define who is taking which beasts? I'm don't mean to sound harsh, just wondering.

Homer
Homer_S
Site Admin
Site Admin

#25  Postby Mr_Rose » Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:04 pm

Homer_S wrote:There is excessive logic in there. I *defy* you to make an illegal unit. Since it is all one big unit, why would you need to define who is taking which beasts? I'm don't mean to sound harsh, just wondering.

If I'd made an illegal unit somehow this'd be in the bug tracker, with screenshots, already. :P
I'm just saying that having the four lines in the list be, consecutively, 4 beast-masters, ten Khymerae, one clawed field and two razorwing flocks is potentially confusing unless you are intimately familiar with how a beastmaster unit works:
Mr_Rose
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

#26  Postby Homer_S » Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:33 pm

I'm fairly certain the logic is acting correctly. Do you mean that it is confusing to your opponents? You can alway show them your codex if they really get stickly. Would it help to add a note or something? I'd hate to expand 4 lines to potentially 20 just to avoid confusion.

Homer
Homer_S
Site Admin
Site Admin

#27  Postby Mr_Rose » Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:45 pm

How would you get to twenty lines?
At most you need six, don't you? One for each type of beast and one for the associated beastmaster(s).

So, for a large squad w/ five beast-masters:
  • Line one would be two beastmasters
  • Line two would be ten Khymerae
  • Line three could be two more masters
  • Line four would then be two clawed fiends
  • and lines five and six would be the last master and a pair of razorwings
Mr_Rose
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

#28  Postby Homer_S » Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:24 pm

So this:

1 Beastmaster
1 Clawed Fiend
2 Beastmasters
4 Razorwing Flocks
2 Beastmasters
10 Kymerae

instead of:

5 Beastmasters
1 Clawed Fiend
4 Razorwing Flocks
10 Kymerae?

I'll wait to see if anyone else has an opinion. Maybe I'll just make a note some how...

Homer
Homer_S
Site Admin
Site Admin

#29  Postby Runesun » Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:33 am

I noticed that Master Haemonculus doesn't add points/allow you to increase the strength of the Abberation. Is this intentional with the same thought process as the Arena Champion debate?

Curious question as well, should we point out typos through a ticket? Or just live with it. :)

Lastly, thank you all for your effort on these datafiles. I know a lot of work goes into making those data files so I appreciate what you do.
Runesun
Recruit
Recruit

#30  Postby Homer_S » Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:20 am

Runesun wrote:I noticed that Master Haemonculus doesn't add points/allow you to increase the strength of the Abberation. Is this intentional with the same thought process as the Arena Champion debate?

Curious question as well, should we point out typos through a ticket? Or just live with it. :)

Lastly, thank you all for your effort on these datafiles. I know a lot of work goes into making those data files so I appreciate what you do.

Post them as a ticket so we can track them.

I'll have to check the wording although I bet not on the Aberration thing.

Homer
Homer_S
Site Admin
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Questions, Comments and Suggestions