Username:

Password:

Remember me

• Find Us On Facebook

A Question....

Have a question on how to do something, why something is done the way it is or an idea to make the files or site better? Ask it here.

A Question....

#1  Postby Mat B » Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:54 pm

Hi All,

Having been a gamer for 19 years.... (God i feel old!!) and having used AB for the past 3 years i'm really impressed with how everything works, and i was wondering if there is any way a person like me could help out with anything relating to testing/developing new data files.

Cheers
Mat.
Mat B
Recruit
Recruit

Re: A Question....

#2  Postby Akaiyou » Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:09 am

As a 7 year user of AB and 40k player for the same length of time (very lucky my friends had AB when i started out) I think one of the best ways for us (the community) to help is by frequently using the Bug Tracker to report issues that we catch.

It's pretty user friendly and it's right there in the menu at the top for ease of access from just about any page ur browsing on this site.

Hell right now i came here because I spoted an issue with the new Dark Angels file and the ravenwing attack squadron. If we all contribute with reports we help them create a better product for us and also help them with less bug finding work.
Akaiyou
Slugga Boy
Slugga Boy

Re: A Question....

#3  Postby shaggai » Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:16 pm

The best way that you can help us and the community of WH40K players and Army Builder users is to peruse the files and use the bug tracker to report any errors that you can discover. We do ask that you try to pinpoint ther error, such as what race, what release, and extraneous factors (competetion output, battle mission - kill team, etc) as this helps us immensely as we can look though as few materials as needed to expedite the repair and move on to the next batch of repairs.

Please note however that in the search for errors you may determine that there are some errors which are "just the way AB works" while others may be correct when interpreted though a very strict viewpoint. We do try to take the time to explain why a report may be incorrect or why something works the way it does.

Thank You for your interest,
shaggai / Lead Maintainer, AB40K Team.
Age of Cash-mar - alienate you fan base and find a new way to squeeze money out of those poor souls!
shaggai
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Questions, Comments and Suggestions