Username:

Password:

Remember me

• Find Us On Facebook

Tyrant's Legion?

Have a question on how to do something, why something is done the way it is or an idea to make the files or site better? Ask it here.

Tyrant's Legion?

#1  Postby DinoDoc » Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:48 pm

This roster used to be available. It's been awhile since I had the desire to tinker with the list but the updates released recently have rekindled my desire. Am I simply missing it or was it removed for maintenance or some other reason?
DinoDoc
Recruit
Recruit

Re: Tyrant's Legion?

#2  Postby shaggai » Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:59 pm

Only removed as it was based on the old space marine file and when that went away, it takes other things such as the Tyrant's legion. Once FW updates said information for 6E (hopefully via FAQ and not by a v2 update) it will be restored.
Age of Cash-mar - alienate you fan base and find a new way to squeeze money out of those poor souls!
shaggai
Site Admin
Site Admin

#3  Postby DinoDoc » Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:58 pm

Thank you for the prompt response.
DinoDoc
Recruit
Recruit

#4  Postby Mr_Rose » Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:57 am

What in the tyrants legion list needs FAQing exactly? If it's just about chapter tactics, Forge World covered that in their general chapter tactics PDF.
Mr_Rose
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

#5  Postby Fantasticmrfox77 » Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:19 am

As far as I know only the chapter tactics for astral claws marines (and therefore tyrants legion units as specified in the tactics pdf) have changed....so why do we have to wait for a FAQ before it's restored? Red Scorpions are there and the situation is exactly the same for them...
Fantasticmrfox77
Recruit
Recruit

#6  Postby DinoDoc » Mon Dec 23, 2013 5:27 am

DinoDoc
Recruit
Recruit

#7  Postby Fantasticmrfox77 » Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:04 pm

Thanks Dino.

My previous post was before the updates came out (but after the chapter tactics were released).

Does anyone now have any further idea when we'll see the new list implemented. I'd do it myself, but I don't have the knowledge to do so.
Fantasticmrfox77
Recruit
Recruit

#8  Postby Fantasticmrfox77 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:30 pm

Sorry to "nag"...but is there any update or even an "approximate" time scale to this....

Right now I paid for software that I can no longer use. Also....if things are going to get taken away, it'd be better if we new this before applying any updates that appear.

I appreciate all the hardwork you guys do, honestly I do, but right now I am back to using pen and paper and that's a major disappointment. I'd feel better if someone could let me know it's being worked on.

Hell - I 'd do it myself if I understood how to! Please take pity on me and let me know someone's working on it even if there's no expected arrival date!
Fantasticmrfox77
Recruit
Recruit

#9  Postby DinoDoc » Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:51 pm

Given shaggai's response about hoping any update was done via FAQ rather than a v2 release, I'd give it a month after it's release date to start "nagging." It's essentially a codex release after all.
DinoDoc
Recruit
Recruit

#10  Postby jlong05 » Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:12 pm

Fantasticmrfox77 wrote:Sorry to "nag"...but is there any update or even an "approximate" time scale to this....

Right now I paid for software that I can no longer use. Also....if things are going to get taken away, it'd be better if we new this before applying any updates that appear.

I appreciate all the hardwork you guys do, honestly I do, but right now I am back to using pen and paper and that's a major disappointment. I'd feel better if someone could let me know it's being worked on.

Hell - I 'd do it myself if I understood how to! Please take pity on me and let me know someone's working on it even if there's no expected arrival date!

OMG. You didnt pay for software you cannot use. You can use it just fine as your paid for ONLY the software. You didnt pay for datafiles. Why can no one figure this simple bascic concept out. Please read your EULA from Lonewolf for a better understanding of the Army Builder application and datafiles. 

Your payment was for the software and the ABCreator tool to create your personal files.

Updates for files produced by other people are not promised by Lonewolf to users of Army Builder and are therefore aso not guarenteed.

To Answer your question though. They will be done when they are done. I cannot give a better time table as we are all volunteers with our own personal lives and jobs. Honestly, I haven't played a game of 40k in 2 years.
The only "hobby" GW is interested in is lining their pockets with your money.
jlong05
Maintainer
Maintainer

#11  Postby DinoDoc » Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:32 am

jlong05 wrote:
Sorry to "nag"...but is there any update or even an "approximate" time scale to this....

OMG. You didnt pay for software you cannot use. You can use it just fine as your paid for ONLY the software. You didnt pay for datafiles. Why can no one figure this simple bascic concept out. Please read your EULA from Lonewolf for a better understanding of the Army Builder application and datafiles. 

Your payment was for the software and the ABCreator tool to create your personal files.

Updates for files produced by other people are not promised by Lonewolf to users of Army Builder and are therefore aso not guarenteed.

To Answer your question though. They will be done when they are done. I cannot give a better time table as we are all volunteers with our own personal lives and jobs. Honestly, I haven't played a game of 40k in 2 years.

:( I didn't mean to start a fight when I made the thread. Honestly, after the release of the updates I was expecting a 1-2 month lag time before I would even have begun looking for it on AB. I was also grateful for the quick response earlier.
DinoDoc
Recruit
Recruit

#12  Postby Fantasticmrfox77 » Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:53 pm

Wow Jlong5. Over-reaction much?

I'm sorry you took my comment so personally. It wasn't meant that way.

Like I said before - and I will repeat for you just once....I appreciate everything the creators of the files do for us. But next time people take stuff away they could perhaps warn users before we patch/update!

And I'm sorry for asking a simple question about estimated timescale. I thought it was a fair thing to ask and did not think it would garner that kind of response. Perhaps I hit a raw nerve somewhere.

Fair question after all. A simple estimate or an "i don't know how long it'll take" would have been all that was required rather than a unnecessary lecture about licences. There really is no need to take the "OMG" route. I am not a village idiot and you do not have to talk to me as such.

(And just to correct you....I can't use the software without the datafile...it's useless to me, ergo I have paid for something I can't use - but yes I realise that's not your fault and at no point did I attribute any blame to anyone but myself for applying an "update" that I shouldn't have done - which as I said is quite naturally "disappointing". Please don't confuse disappointment with blame).

If it's you working on the particular file....I salute your efforts (AGAIN)...but if not, why comment on a thread that doesn't relate to anything you're doing....if anyone out there is prepared to give me an estimate/guesstimate or just wants to tell me that they're working on it and it IS coming...then I'd be very grateful.

But please....spare me anymore lectures about what I paid for and what I didn;t pay for. I'm already clear on that thanks!
Fantasticmrfox77
Recruit
Recruit

#13  Postby Fantasticmrfox77 » Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:06 pm

Out of interest - when is it fair to ask if someone is working on something? 1-2 months after a release....3-4 months -2 years? When?

Or does asking a simple question like that garner a hostile response too?
Fantasticmrfox77
Recruit
Recruit

#14  Postby jlong05 » Wed Mar 05, 2014 1:02 am

Fantasticmrfox77 wrote:Out of interest - when is it fair to ask if someone is working on something? 1-2 months after a release....3-4 months -2 years? When?

Or does asking a simple question like that garner a hostile response too?

Without this further derailing, my statement was to your point of buying software you can't use. You can use it, you can create your own datafiles, you choose not to. That is your choice.

My response is because many many many people come here with complaints of timeliness of the files with an assumption that they are somehow promised to them, which they are not.

As for your follow up question, it is posted and part of the FAQ. All official rules will be done. A minimum of 30 days will always be enforced, but is not a promise of files in that time. Files are provided when they are done. Not sooner.

Unfortunately there isn't much more we can give than that as available time changes for each programmer and although oneay say he is working it may take that person 3 months to complete while another programmer may be working on other stuff and taking less time.

Of you felt I overreacted to your post, please take the time to review the older threads and see just how often we answer those same questions and arguments.
The only "hobby" GW is interested in is lining their pockets with your money.
jlong05
Maintainer
Maintainer

#15  Postby Ironwing001 » Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:00 am

I hope soon the list will be done, I know everything takes time and thats to be expected, I started my Astral Claws and hope to turn them into a Tyrant's Legion army soon enough, Can't wait for the file to be updated to E-6. Also thanks for the hard work you guys do for us fans of GW, you guys Rock. :ork-smug:
Ironwing001
Recruit
Recruit

Next

Return to Questions, Comments and Suggestions