Username:

Password:

Remember me

• Find Us On Facebook

Farsight Enclaves

Have a question on how to do something, why something is done the way it is or an idea to make the files or site better? Ask it here.

Farsight Enclaves

#1  Postby ademiri » Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:33 pm

Ebook published in July roughly. The hardback edition has been out for nearly two months now. Could we possibly get a ETA on this. I am not posting this to be rude. I know you guys work hard. Sometimes the silence is hard to take when other codex that have come out after our ebook already are up and running. According to what I have been told It was being held back to ensure page numbers rules etc match up. If I have been misinformed then sorry. So I am just politely asking what is holding up the farsight book? You guys will probably bash or delete this post but I had to say something. I love what you guys do and the software you help support. Just a frustrated tau player.
ademiri
Recruit
Recruit

Re: Farsight Enclaves

#2  Postby jlong05 » Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:45 pm

It is being worked on but we have a litmited staff and availability. Originally I was working on this update myself, but due to family life issues and increased work demands, and the fact that I had a system crash losing everything I had completed basically has sidelined me for any of the Tau update work. It is now being working on by other maintainers in their free time, but they are also responsible for other codex rules as well. Stay tuned to the tracker as there is a 'bug' report that was created to track completion of the Farsight rules.
The only "hobby" GW is interested in is lining their pockets with your money.
jlong05
Maintainer
Maintainer

#3  Postby ademiri » Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:25 pm

Thank you for the reply. Sorry to hear of the troubles with the project. Wish I understood all this stuff and could lend a hand. I am no programmer tho. Hope to see the update soon. Thanks again for all you guys do.
ademiri
Recruit
Recruit

#4  Postby Akaiyou » Sat Dec 28, 2013 7:53 pm

Yeah i've been wondering about farsight for a while now, best of luck with it all.
Akaiyou
Slugga Boy
Slugga Boy

#5  Postby compufox » Sat Jan 18, 2014 3:30 am

So with the latest release, I now have some HQ choices (only) with a Codex: Farsight Enclaves army selection. Does this represent a place-holder? Or am I not seeing the rest of the unit selections due to a bug?
compufox
Recruit
Recruit

#6  Postby ademiri » Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:26 am

So the bug tracker has no one assigned to it? I know there is a lot going on loosing the guy working on it. This has to be the oldest big ticket item not completed some attention is due to it and the users. No disrespect is intended but seeing updates for other dex's come in and no farsight is getting old. I can't even use the product. Yes I know we only pay for the product not the files but we as a community depend on you all. When there is silence and with all this bickering in the space marine forum. It just makes me want to use something else even with as much as I love the work you all have done and army builder as a product. Please say there is some progress on this.
ademiri
Recruit
Recruit

#7  Postby Crolynx » Wed Feb 19, 2014 7:06 pm

I too would like to see the Tau and Farsight updates as well as the bug fixes for the IA:3 2nd Ed rules. It would be nice to be able to use the software that I have come to rely on and love to use. Even an update from an active admin or programmer to let us know what is going on with this codex and it's units updates. I'm willing to admit I'm somewhat annoyed seeing as it's been several months for Farsight since the physical book and 2 months before that for the digital edition, I would think this would have given plenty of time to get the code ready and all that would have been needed is the physical book pages for the update. So can we please get some kind of word in the tracker and possibly here regarding this from someone who is actively involved in these projects?

We all appreciate JLong05 giving us a word here and there, but JLong admits they're not involved at the moment. So it kind of rings as hollow to many of us.

Thanks for your time and for doing this project, please keep up the good work. I hope to hear something in the future.
Crolynx
Recruit
Recruit

#8  Postby Crolynx » Thu May 08, 2014 11:44 pm

Guys,
Thanks for the Update and work on the Tau and Farsight Enclave!! I do appreciate it! I didn't see any errors that weren't already reported. Thanks for the hard work guys.
Crolynx
Recruit
Recruit

Return to Questions, Comments and Suggestions