Username:

Password:

Remember me

• Find Us On Facebook

Horus Heresy: Massacre

Have a question on how to do something, why something is done the way it is or an idea to make the files or site better? Ask it here.

Horus Heresy: Massacre

#1  Postby Homer_S » Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:42 pm

Listing some questions for interpretation:

[UPDATE: Fixed the page numbers and resolved two questions: thanks Commisar!]

1) pg. 201: Does the Deathstorm Drop Pod move to Fast Attack with Orbital Assault or can it be taken as Heavy Support or Fast Attack?
2) pg. 209: Can Reaver Attack Squads be taken as Fast Attack and Troops or only Troops with The Black Reaving?
3) pg. 220: What is "Tartaros Terminator Armour"? Same as Terminator Armour.
4) pg. 220: What is a Sonic Screamer? Should be Sonic Shrieker.

Homer
The only "hobby" GW is interested in is lining their pockets with your money.
Homer_S
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Horus Heresy: Massacre

#2  Postby Commisar » Sat Mar 29, 2014 5:50 am

Homer. Your page numbers are off, but I know the answers to two of your questions being an emperors children player:

Rules wise, Tartaros Terminator armour is the same as regular Terminator armour. It's just a specific "look" and to make it diffrent from Cataphracti terminator armour which has special rules. If you look at page 237 of Betrayal (HH Book 1) under Terminator Armour [Great Crusade Era] It talks about Indomitus, Trataros and Saturnine patterns being functionaly identical.

If you are interested in the fluff, Indomitus is the Plastic Terminator armour produced by GW. Tartaros is the Resin stuff sold here http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Warhammer-4 ... RMOUR.html. and Saturnine is an as yet unknown refrence.

Sonic Screamers are a typo for Sonic Shriekers (See page 218). This was confirmed Facebook, but annoyingly the FW Facebook is down and they have not yet compiled an FAQ.
Commisar
Recruit
Recruit

#3  Postby Commisar » Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:51 am

I'm looking at the army list books which reprint the rules from some previous books (I picked them up early at the Forge World Open Day Yesterday).

Seemingly, It has some errata, it lists phoenix terminators as having plain old terminator armour and access to sonic shriekers. - Backing up what I have already said

I'ts no help with your first two points however, which are ambiguous.

Having looked up your page numbers the *Opinion* of my small HH gaming group is that both are permissive, allowing you to take the units in both slots. But none of us can point to any authority to back that up.
Commisar
Recruit
Recruit

#4  Postby Homer_S » Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:55 pm

Thanks,

I think I made them available in both. That way, players can discuss which is correct.

Homer
Homer_S
Site Admin
Site Admin

#5  Postby Homer_S » Mon Mar 31, 2014 2:09 pm

Another question regarding Word Bearers: There are two instances where they specifically call out The Diabolist, Chaplains and Centurions as distinct from other Consuls. Does this mean that a Legion Champion, for example, does not count as the "second Compulsory HQ" (see page 254) and does not have access to Burning Lore (see page 255)?

Homer
Homer_S
Site Admin
Site Admin

#6  Postby Commisar » Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:14 pm

Yep. Each named consul upgrade is being treated as a separate kind of unit.
Commisar
Recruit
Recruit

#7  Postby Homer_S » Mon Mar 31, 2014 4:47 pm

Commisar wrote:Yep. Each named consul upgrade is being treated as a separate kind of unit.

Figures... lots of complicated conditionals now.

Thanks,
Homer
Homer_S
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Questions, Comments and Suggestions