Username:

Password:

Remember me

• Find Us On Facebook

7th Edition????

Have a question on how to do something, why something is done the way it is or an idea to make the files or site better? Ask it here.

7th Edition????

#1  Postby Homer_S » Sat May 17, 2014 2:26 am

No less than three hardback books

Homer
The only "hobby" GW is interested in is lining their pockets with your money.
Homer_S
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: 7th Edition????

#2  Postby jboweruk » Sat May 17, 2014 8:11 pm

Don't worry mate, you only have to worry about 1 of 'em...
jboweruk
Fire Warrior
Fire Warrior

#3  Postby shaggai » Sun May 18, 2014 11:23 pm

So has anyone officially said whether this is 7E or just a 6E, revison 2?

PS - after all this time someone finally realized the idea of a book the size of the original 6E book was the daffiest idea ever...
Age of Cash-mar - alienate you fan base and find a new way to squeeze money out of those poor souls!
shaggai
Site Admin
Site Admin

#4  Postby Homer_S » Mon May 19, 2014 3:31 am

shaggai wrote:So has anyone officially said whether this is 7E or just a 6E, revison 2?

PS - after all this time someone finally realized the idea of a book the size of the original 6E book was the daffiest idea ever...

This page: http://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/blo ... id=1918321 says "New Edition" I'm assuming that is 7th and not a re-release.

Homer
Homer_S
Site Admin
Site Admin

#5  Postby pch90265 » Mon May 19, 2014 6:23 am

Looks like there will be some major changes to game mechanics.  Whole Psychic Phase looks to be a re-work... although still based on warp charges.  New powers, new categopries of powers.

True "edition", not a patch.
pch90265
Maintainer
Maintainer

#6  Postby Homer_S » Sat May 24, 2014 7:08 pm

Psykers in transports still generate charges and can only target enemy with witchfire and only if with fire point. Cannot attempt to manifest ANY other powers. Cannot psychic power target a unit in a transport.

Assuming that this is true and the fluff says that Elder are such good psykers that their bad dreams created a god but can't build transports with a window, this is the reason I didn't play a single sixth edition game and likely won't be playing in seventh.

Homer
Homer_S
Site Admin
Site Admin

#7  Postby jboweruk » Mon May 26, 2014 7:33 pm

Mate 7th is Awesome Sauce... People have tried saying its' just 'FAQ's' but no way is it, there's more changes than you can shake a stick at.. Most of them are easily missed if you don't read it properly though. But they did warn of that, if you just 'skim' the rules and assume you know it, you will miss a lot of the alterations..
jboweruk
Fire Warrior
Fire Warrior

#8  Postby Akaiyou » Tue May 27, 2014 2:01 am

I"m curious to know how AB will handle 7th edition with new Unbound lists and all that now being a thing...seems like you will have to do some major re-working of all files.
Akaiyou
Slugga Boy
Slugga Boy

#9  Postby Homer_S » Tue May 27, 2014 3:11 am

Akaiyou wrote:I"m curious to know how AB will handle 7th edition with new Unbound lists and all that now being a thing...seems like you will have to do some major re-working of all files.

Unbound from a single faction? Easy, just suspend FOC restrictions. Same as Apocalypse really.

Unbound from multiple factions? Also easy, just have the player make two or more single faction, unbound, lists.

Homer
Homer_S
Site Admin
Site Admin

#10  Postby kturock » Fri Jul 04, 2014 11:15 pm

I've asked before and can't seem to find my post.
When will 7th ed. rules be implemented ?
It's been over the normal 30 day time limit.
Thanks.
kturock
Recruit
Recruit

#11  Postby Homer_S » Sat Jul 05, 2014 1:27 pm

kturock wrote:I've asked before and can't seem to find my post.
When will 7th ed. rules be implemented ?
It's been over the normal 30 day time limit.
Thanks.

Are there even any differences beyond totally ignoring the FOC?

Homer
Homer_S
Site Admin
Site Admin

#12  Postby UltraPrime » Sun Jul 06, 2014 8:10 am

Only other thing that springs to mind is there isn't a restriction on double FoC, as in you can take 2+. Anything else would be army specific.
UltraPrime
Cultist
Cultist

#13  Postby Tdub415 » Mon Jul 07, 2014 6:20 am

Also, your warlord doesn't have to be an HQ choice anymore. You have to choose a character (if you have any), and if you have no characters you have to nominate a non-character model as your warlord.
Last edited by Tdub415 on Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tdub415
Recruit
Recruit

#14  Postby saiisil » Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:28 am

Following an FoC depending on the FoC can provide FoC specific bonuses example the Combined Arms Detachment grants the bonus of being allowed to reroll for the Warlord Trait and grants all troops in the detachment gain the Objective Secured special rule. Where the Allied Detachment grants the Objective Secured special rule but nothing else. I am certain that future White Dwarf magizines as well as Codex and Expansion books shall introduce new Detachment models as well, for example the new Ork Codex introduces the Ork Horde Detachment (1-3 HQ, 3-9 Troops, 0-3 Elites, 0-3 Fast, 0-3 Heavy, 0-1 Fortification, 0-1 Lord of War) Command Benefits are Boss of Da Waaagh! allowed to reroll on the Ork Warlord chart, also this allows for the army to gain the special rule The Greenskin Horde, which for every unit of 10 or more from the Ork Codex, gains the Hammer of Wrath special rule which activates when they make a charge roll of 10+
saiisil
Recruit
Recruit

#15  Postby Tdub415 » Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:01 pm

Detachments are essentially a "fill in the blanks" formation, and formations are all separate detachments. Every army has access to the "Combined Arms Detachment" and "Allied Detachment" from the BRB. There are also the two ork detachments (one from codex, one from Ghaz supplement), and I believe the rules for inquisitorial and Knightly detachments are still valid (from Inquisition and Imperial Knights respectively). Whichever model is selected as your warlord determines your 'primary' detachment. No idea how easy it would be to implement a completely 'fill in the blank' formation to represent detachments, just throwing an idea out there.
Tdub415
Recruit
Recruit

Next

Return to Questions, Comments and Suggestions