Username:

Password:

Remember me

• Find Us On Facebook

how to unlock new wargear for upgrading a character

Have a question on how to do something, why something is done the way it is or an idea to make the files or site better? Ask it here.

how to unlock new wargear for upgrading a character

#1  Postby dusktiger » Tue Jun 10, 2014 5:34 pm

hey guys, little question for you;

i'm trying to make my own militarum tempestus file, and i've hit a snag on the commissar. i have the basic commissar unit programmed, but im trying to figure out how to make the lord commissar option with just a couple additional lines of code instead of making a duplicate unit that just replaces the the basic one when chosen.

here's what i need to have choosing a lord commisar do;
  • it has to increase the cost of the model. (easy, no brainer there)
  • it has to increase his WS, BS, Wounds, and At profiles. (think i see how this is done with the call lines)
  • it has to unlock a refractor field, and a new category of special wargear options that only the lord commissar, not the normal commissar, has access to. (this is where i'm getting stuck, as im not sure what line of code is necessary to make the wargear options invisible until "upgrade to lord Commissar" is chosen. im sure its something simple and im just missing it cause i dont normally use this)

does anyone know what im missing?

thanks in advance.
dusktiger
Recruit
Recruit

Re: how to unlock new wargear for upgrading a character

#2  Postby dusktiger » Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:05 pm

I ended up finding a solution, not sure if it's the best one. It is the simplest for beginners though.

When you make the option "upgrade to lord commissar", there a large window like the unit entries have for adding rules and wargear. I placed the additional wargear options this upgrade adds into here, and now they will only show up if you buy The Lord lord option on the model.
dusktiger
Recruit
Recruit

Return to Questions, Comments and Suggestions