Username:

Password:

Remember me

• Find Us On Facebook

Custom vehicles

Have a question on how to do something, why something is done the way it is or an idea to make the files or site better? Ask it here.

Custom vehicles

#1  Postby Shadowhunter » Tue Jun 27, 2006 12:10 pm

I assume it uses the VDR rules, how do you use this to make a vehicle?
Shadowhunter
Recruit
Recruit

#2  Postby Shadowhunter » Fri Jun 30, 2006 2:00 pm

I guess nobody is home to tell me how to make custom vehicles with the 40K AB files
Shadowhunter
Recruit
Recruit

#3  Postby harkan » Fri Jun 30, 2006 2:41 pm

sorry, I missed the original post also we are not fully moved to this site as yet.

You can create VDR vehicles by one of two ways. Either go into the rules and roster options -> custom vehicles. Then when you are in the usual race roster (and with no filters activated) you should see a vdr unit which has all the vdr options to create a vehicle with.

The other way is to go into the VDR race and create the vehicle, assign it to the race and save it, then import as neccessary.

To get the details on creating a vehicle you need a copy of Chapter Approved 2004
harkan
Site Admin
Site Admin

#4  Postby Shadowhunter » Fri Jun 30, 2006 3:49 pm

It seems the Witch Hunters AB does not have a VDR option. I went into the SM and saw what you were talking about, went back to the Witch Hunters and there is no VDR there. Please check and make sure I am right and not missing something.
Shadowhunter
Recruit
Recruit

#5  Postby harkan » Fri Jun 30, 2006 7:01 pm

only certain races have access to VDR as per the CA article, as WH etc weren't about then that may be why they do not have the VDR unit in them. However, we have to stick by what GW publishes unless we can get an ofical FAQ etc that extends the IG VDR to WH/DH or something similar
harkan
Site Admin
Site Admin

#6  Postby Shadowhunter » Fri Jun 30, 2006 7:18 pm

Sigh, I guess I'll have to dig up that CA where ever it's buried and take a look. Thanks for your help.
Shadowhunter
Recruit
Recruit

#7  Postby Scorpius » Fri Aug 11, 2006 7:27 pm

Thanks, I've been trying to figure this out for ages!

For any other clowns like me who couldn't find the VDR vehicle, even when looking at a race you kinow should have one, don't try looking under "fast", "heavy" etc. Reset the filters so you can see everything in one list. I know it says this above, but it still took me ages to suss.

Now I can field my Rhino with short-barrelled Earthshaker conversion. What self-respecting Chapter Master wouldn't want medium range heavy weapon support? Pity the indirect-fire option of the Basilisk is missing, but I guess that's not in the VDR rules. Got to be worth 25 points just to wipe the smug grin off my opponent's face when he gets out his Defiler.

I was hoping to legalise my Inferno Predator, but there seems to be an error with the Inferno Cannon stats. It currently has a 200" range - and can be upgraded with a long barrel. Isn't it supposed to be a flamer?
Scorpius
Recruit
Recruit

Return to Questions, Comments and Suggestions