Username:

Password:

Remember me

• Find Us On Facebook

Are we done?

Have a question on how to do something, why something is done the way it is or an idea to make the files or site better? Ask it here.

Are we done?

#1  Postby andrewm9 » Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:18 pm

Is this site done with? Can your team no longer create and support the 40k data files? I'm seeing posts from Homer on other 40K sites saying that you will no longer be hosting the data files and others have suggested that the file will only be available for short from the auto updater. Is this true?
andrewm9
Conscript
Conscript

Re: Are we done?

#2  Postby jlong05 » Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:31 pm

andrewm9 wrote:Is this site done with? Can your team no longer create and support the 40k data files? I'm seeing posts from Homer on other 40K sites saying that you will no longer be hosting the data files and others have suggested that the file will only be available for short from the auto updater. Is this true?

At this time we cannot answer this question. We are looking into all options at this time. Please stay tuned both here and the LoneWolf website for a notification once a final decision has been made.
The only "hobby" GW is interested in is lining their pockets with your money.
jlong05
Maintainer
Maintainer

#3  Postby bobrunnicles » Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:54 pm

I hope you can figure something out that doesn't involve the LW site - unfortunately I can't get to is past the firewall at work but I *can* get to this site! Being able to manually download the update and use AB to open it was a godsend, right now despite setting up this site as a secondary source it doesn't seem to want to use it, as every time I try to restart AB and access the 6.02 update it says 'Specified file could not be located properly'. Nothing seems to work. Is there any way someone could email it to me or something?

Thanks,

Bob
bobrunnicles
Recruit
Recruit

#4  Postby GrimJack » Sat Aug 18, 2012 2:22 pm

Im just hoping thru all the garbage you can keep the project going regardless of where I have to get the updates
GrimJack
Recruit
Recruit

#5  Postby valistar » Sat Aug 18, 2012 3:25 pm

I hope not, I have been a member for quite a while and AB40k Maintainers have indirectly helped me get many new people involved in 40k, over the years and made Army Builder almost a standard for game use. I do hope that the difficulties and likely silliness of some lawyers doesn't impinge on such a great product and team that voluntarily supports it.
valistar
Recruit
Recruit

#6  Postby Arschbombe » Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:49 pm

I'm seeing 1.3 in AB with an update date of yesterday. AB reports it can't download the file and redirects here where only 1.01 is available.
Arschbombe
Recruit
Recruit

#7  Postby shaggai » Sun Aug 19, 2012 6:37 pm

Arschbombe wrote:I'm seeing 1.3 in AB with an update date of yesterday. AB reports it can't download the file and redirects here where only 1.01 is available.

OK, 1.03 should now be available via the auto-update function.
Age of Cash-mar - alienate you fan base and find a new way to squeeze money out of those poor souls!
shaggai
Site Admin
Site Admin

#8  Postby Arschbombe » Sun Aug 19, 2012 7:14 pm

Yep. Got it.
Arschbombe
Recruit
Recruit

Return to Questions, Comments and Suggestions