Username:

Password:

Remember me

• Find Us On Facebook

How to change point values for subsequent items

Have a question on how to do something, why something is done the way it is or an idea to make the files or site better? Ask it here.

How to change point values for subsequent items

#1  Postby Exodus » Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:15 am

Hi Guys,
Been trying to add the Leviathan Dreadnought into my files, but I can't figure out how to make the second siege claw only cost 10 points, as opposed to the 55 for the first claw.
Any ideas that might help me along?

Thanks!
Exodus
Recruit
Recruit

Re: How to change point values for subsequent items

#2  Postby deano » Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:23 pm

The way I worked around that for the Hellbrute was to make a second option for 2 fists that is  0-2 with an increment of 2. (the single option is limited to 0-1) As soon as the new update hits later this week  you can look at it.

And now I need to go edit my Chaos IA points...  Good that I am not done with them yet....Image
deano
Maintainer
Maintainer

#3  Postby Exodus » Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:39 am

Thanks Deano!
Question on the update: if it is a chaos update, will it also replace the space marine dat files? Should I pull a copy for the dat file before I update?
Thanks!
Exodus
Recruit
Recruit

#4  Postby deano » Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:25 pm

That is always a good plan.  Yes, updates usually replace all the files, just build you an entire seperate folder for your own mods and add your files back to the main as needed.

However...  AFTER i get the Hellforged versions built and fixed (thanks for pointing out that I missed and entire page in Chapter Approved), I intend to copy/paste them into the marine data file and edit the names..

And we have a guy editing Dark Angels in at the moment...  so you may be better off copy pasting (using Notepad ++) your entries into the new file..  Or sending them in to us...  What Codexes do you have?...
deano
Maintainer
Maintainer

#5  Postby Homer_S » Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:36 am

<cite>deano wrote:</cite>That is always a good plan.  Yes, updates usually replace all the files, just build you an entire seperate folder for your own mods and add your files back to the main as needed.

However...  AFTER i get the Hellforged versions built and fixed (thanks for pointing out that I missed and entire page in Chapter Approved), I intend to copy/paste them into the marine data file and edit the names..

And we have a guy editing Dark Angels in at the moment...  so you may be better off copy pasting (using Notepad ++) your entries into the new file..  Or sending them in to us...  What Codexes do you have?...

Better yet, create a new .dat file called something like "myMods.dat" and click off the delete unchanged files when you do the import. And a backup is never a bad idea.

Homer
PS Are the changes/additions official changes? Then PM me the changed files and they might become official.
The only "hobby" GW is interested in is lining their pockets with your money.
Homer_S
Site Admin
Site Admin

#6  Postby Exodus » Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:41 am

Hi Guys,

So i just started trying this last week, and all I have done is add in the Chaplin, Mortis, Deredeo and Leviathan Dreadnoughts. They are from the Imerial armor book. If you would like to take a look at them, I can send them to you. I have a little in the wpn file and a little in spa file. Would you like them both?

Thanks!
Exodus
Recruit
Recruit

#7  Postby deano » Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:28 am

Yes, you will need to send in everything you have modified to make everything work.  (take notes  Image) pack it up in a zip file if needed and ship it to Homer /\
Make sure that it will load before you send it in...
deano
Maintainer
Maintainer

Return to Questions, Comments and Suggestions