Username:

Password:

Remember me

• Find Us On Facebook

General Release 1.21

Have a question on how to do something, why something is done the way it is or an idea to make the files or site better? Ask it here.

General Release 1.21

#1  Postby NotThisTime » Mon May 09, 2011 8:39 pm

To Whom It May Concern:

General Release 1.21 states the following: "NOTE: USERS SHOULD NOT OVERWRITE THEIR CURRENT FILES AND INSTEAD MAKE A NEW FOLDER FOR THIS FILE. This will then allow you to use this file for the Grey Knights as well as other armies other than Space Marines (of any type). Space Marines are currently being revised and it is a very intensive change and will be updated often until the file is back into proper condition."

Can someone walk me through not overwriting my current file and creating a new folder. It really seems strightforward but I am unable to make this work.

Thanks for your time.
Best,
Paul
NotThisTime
Recruit
Recruit

Re: General Release 1.21

#2  Postby Fyrebyrd » Mon May 09, 2011 9:26 pm

When you get to the download/import screen that looks like this:
Update2.jpg
Then just click the change button (circled in red)

Enter something unique to that import(you cannot leave spaces hence the "_" marks)
I used Grey_Knights_Only_v1p21
Update3.jpg

Then when you choose your game you will have two versions of Warhammer 40 000 5th Edition listed(in my example I have three, cause I keep the previous two versions due to testing), take note that on the right of the game system name in grey you will see the one that you made your own folder for. In my example the Red circle would be used for the Grey Knights, And the Yellow circle I would use for all other Space Marines.
Update4.jpg

Hope this gets you through! If not I will do my best to help walk you through it!
Fyrebyrd
Fyrebyrd
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

#3  Postby shaggai » Mon May 09, 2011 10:39 pm

The screen-capture-fu is strong with this one...
Age of Cash-mar - alienate you fan base and find a new way to squeeze money out of those poor souls!
shaggai
Site Admin
Site Admin

#4  Postby Fyrebyrd » Tue May 10, 2011 3:10 am

I've graduated from a padawan to a jedi
Fyrebyrd
Fyrebyrd
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

#5  Postby NotThisTime » Tue May 10, 2011 5:28 pm

Much appreciated Fyrebyrd!

Thank you.
NotThisTime
Recruit
Recruit

#6  Postby Fyrebyrd » Tue May 10, 2011 5:59 pm

No problem!
Fyrebyrd
Fyrebyrd
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

#7  Postby kilbrj » Fri May 13, 2011 5:16 pm

I've got army builder 3.1c and to this point have been able to use the releases from the site. Is that no longer going to be the case? I couldn't find any mention that 3.1 was no longer supported. When I attempt to load release 1.21 though I get a message that says I have to get a newer version of army builder.
kilbrj
Recruit
Recruit

#8  Postby Homer_S » Fri May 13, 2011 5:30 pm

kilbrj wrote:I've got army builder 3.1c and to this point have been able to use the releases from the site. Is that no longer going to be the case? I couldn't find any mention that 3.1 was no longer supported. When I attempt to load release 1.21 though I get a message that says I have to get a newer version of army builder.

I am fairly certain we announced it some time ago. The driver is that AB3.2 and now AB3.3 is making it way easier to implement and maintain the files from an editing standpoint. Since we all do this as volunteers, anything that helps us save time and/or make the files more modular and therefore easier to maintain is very good.

We resisted using any new features for almost all of 3.2, but 3.3's new features drove us to implement the new features.

Homer
The only "hobby" GW is interested in is lining their pockets with your money.
Homer_S
Site Admin
Site Admin

#9  Postby kilbrj » Fri May 13, 2011 5:44 pm

okay. Could you update the post on the front page to say 3.3 not 3.x?
kilbrj
Recruit
Recruit

#10  Postby Fyrebyrd » Fri May 13, 2011 7:50 pm

I think that something based on what files are supported by what version until when would be a good idea, either on the home page or in the down load section...
Fyrebyrd
Fyrebyrd
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

#11  Postby Spack » Fri May 13, 2011 8:13 pm

I have changed the welcome message on the home page, and added a note to the 1.15 files in the download section to state they are the last versions for AB3.1.

Since the 1.16 files 3.1 has no longer been supported, as discussed in the tracker here: http://www.ab40k.org/tracker.php?p=27&t=1917 . There were major changes made in AB3.2 that makes creating and maintaining the files a lot simpler, and we waited over 18 months from the release of AB3.2 before using these new features. It's simply not possible to keep supporting AB3.1 as would make it very difficult to implement the more complex structures that the newer codexes allow.
Dan
AB40k Site Admin/Beta Tester
Age of Strife Owner/Admin: http://www.ageofstrife.com
Gaming Figures Partner/Admin: http://www.gamingfigures.com
Spack
Site Admin
Site Admin

#12  Postby kilbrj » Fri May 13, 2011 9:01 pm

No problem. I was honestly surprised that the files did still work as long as they did. And 1.19 still worked for my version of 3.1, which is why I was surprised with the latest update not working(I skipped 1.20 waiting for grey knights). Thanks folks. Now to decide if my extremely intermittent playing is worth paying to update army builder or not.
kilbrj
Recruit
Recruit

#13  Postby Spack » Fri May 13, 2011 9:14 pm

I can only assume that you didn't create lists that required some of the AB3.2 functionality - while the files could be loaded into 3.1 prior to 1.21, there would be problems with a few of the units that would work fine in 3.2/3.3. It looks like the minimum version didn't get set to 3.2 until either 1.20 or 1.21 rather than 1.16 which is why 3.1 allowed 1.17-1.19 to be installed. 1.21 is a major overhaul and won't compile in 3.1.
Dan
Spack
Site Admin
Site Admin

#14  Postby TigerBloodedWarlock » Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:32 am

Huh - I registered a logged in to politely raise holy hell about the lack of Grey Knight goodness nearly three full months after the codex release; and then found a post that explained the whole solution AND a walkthrough... Who'da thunk it?

Well done (wish you could have notified the user community somehow...).
TigerBloodedWarlock
Recruit
Recruit

#15  Postby Spack » Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:03 am

TigerBloodedWarlock wrote:Huh - I registered a logged in to politely raise holy hell about the lack of Grey Knight goodness nearly three full months after the codex release; and then found a post that explained the whole solution AND a walkthrough... Who'da thunk it?

Well done (wish you could have notified the user community somehow...).

We did post about it on the Lone Wolf Army Builder support forums, and Warseer, and a few other forums. If you can give me an idea of which large community sites you frequent then maybe I can post it about it there too.

We also have a Facebook page now (see left side) where updates will also be posted.
Dan
Spack
Site Admin
Site Admin

Next

Return to Questions, Comments and Suggestions